BrainStation’s Web Designer career direct is aiming to assist you take the primary steps toward a profitable career in web advancement. Learn more almost what the internet improvement field covers.
Web development, also known as website development, refers to the tasks associated with creating, building, and maintaining websites and web applications that run online on a browser. It may, however, also include web design, web programming, and database management.
Web development is closely related to the job of designing the features and functionality of apps (web design). The term development is usually reserved for the actual construction of these things (that is to say, the programming of sites).
What Exactly is Web Development?
Web development is closely related to the job of designing the features and functionality of websites and apps (often called “web design”), but the “web development” term is usually reserved for the actual construction and programming of websites and apps.
Think of all the web pages you have used over the years – Web Developers built those sites, making sure they functioned properly and performed in ways that allowed for a great user experience. Web Developers do this by writing lines of code, using a variety of programming languages, which vary depending on the tasks they are performing and the platforms they are working on.
Web Development vs. Web Design :
Though there is overlap, there are also key differences between web development and web design. Let’s take a closer look:
- Create everything a user sees on a website or software product, including all visual, color, typography, and usability elements
- Work directly with a client to create designs or work as part of a team to develop client vision
- Create wireframes and prototypes to test design ideas, offer input on design logos, branding, and company style guides
- Write the code that makes a website function, whether they work on the front end or back end (server-side)
- Create or implement designs demanded by a client or created by a design team
- Rarely create mockups, select typography, or pick color palettes
What Are the Most Common Programming Languages?
The most common programming languages involved in web development are:
- HTML (Hypertext Markup Language)
- CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
Types of Web Development
There are three main types of web development: front-end development, back-end development, and full-stack development.
What Is Front-End Development?
Front-end improvement includes the “client-facing” side of web advancement. That’s to say ordinarily, front-end web improvement alludes to the parcel of the location, app, or computerized item that clients will see and associate with. Front-End Engineer, in this manner, is mindful of the way an advanced item looks and “feels,” which is why they are frequently more to as Web Designers.
Front-End Web Engineers center on deciphering site plans and visual thoughts into code. A front-end ProgramDesigner takes the plan thoughts made by others on web advancement groups and programs them into reality, acting as a bridge between plan and technology.